So I am starting a new adventure… I used to watch my mom haul things home from garage sales as a kid and redo them to look awesome, I especially remember her redoing a huge chest for quilts and such it was ugly but then after a week in our basement with my mom it was born anew! Last Saturday I went out with my friend Cynthia and we stopped at a few yardsales, I found this chair at an estate sale they wanted 15$ but I dickered them down to 10$ and home I went with it. I would like its hideous kitchiness if it was clean or I thought I could clean it up but since I wasn’t I decided I was going to attempt my first real reupholster of it.
Here is the before shots:
Here is an up close pic so you can see the grime in the fabric and why I wouldn’t just use it as is:
Not to mention I would have had to paint or stain the wood which is all scratched without getting any on the chair.
It was quite some doing to get the seat out and the front back of the chair off but here is what the start of this adventure looks like, I can only pray the end of the adventure will look way better!
And the cushions now removed:
I intend to pull the rest of the nails and staples sand the wood all down and paint it a high gloss black (2 cans of high gloss black spray paint for furniture cost me 99 cents a piece at walmart). The new fabric will be this:
Click on the picture below to see a good pic of the fabric the thumbnail doesn’t do it justice and looks funny!!
It’s an Alexander Henry fabric I got on the cheap at SAS our local super bargin basement fabric/sewing store.
Anyway I’ll keep you posted on my adventure and whether it was worth the 10$ or not. In my mind’s eye the finished product looks awesome let’s see if I can execute it 🙂